Thursday, May 10, 2012

Great Horned Owl

Hello, everyone! Sorry this took so long to get up, but I had a bunch of pictures I wanted to show you and therefore had to edit. So, this week I'm posting pictures of a Great Horned Owl.


I really enjoyed taking pictures of this owl for two main reason. One is their looks, especially their eyes. I actually did a color splash effect on the above picture, leaving just the owl's eyes in color.


The other reason is that Great Horned Owls seem to have expressions. You look at them and you can't help but think that they've got to be thinking something. Take this picture for example:


Doesn't he look like he's saying something? Maybe "And that's how you're supposed to do it!", or something else to that effect. 

Partway through the photo session, this owl decided he wanted to try and take off.


Being tethered, he couldn't get anywhere. However, he did grab onto the keeper's glove and just wouldn't let go.



Just look at those talons! I definitely would not want to be some small animal caught by that owl. (And yes, in case you were wondering, I really like the color splash effect.)



And that concludes my Great Horned Owl post! Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked my pictures!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.