Monday, September 17, 2012

A Long-Awaited Update

Hello! Yes, I know quite well that it's been two months since I last posted anything other than pictures or a book review. (Bad Sarah!) I apologize for the wait, and thank you very much for your patience. I'm hoping to stop this trend, but knowing me, I won't have much success. Anyway, some of what I've been up to:
  • I got a new bow! It's a recurve bow like I used at the archery class I went to back in May. I'm very excited, though I haven't gotten to shoot as much as I'd have liked. I'm actually doing fairly well with it; much better than I did with my old bow.And it's almost as tall as me, which is pretty awesome. We also got a real target (as opposed to just a cardboard box), since it's a higher power bow than my old one. (A cardboard box worked fine before, but with this bow, the arrows would just go right through.)
  • Remember how last time I posted, I mentioned that I was doing Camp NaNoWriMo? Well, on July 25th, I hit my goal of 50,000 words! It then took me another month, until August 31st, to finish the entire novel. It ended up being my longest ever novel, over 75,00 words! (That's three of those black 100 page composition books, in case you were wonder.) Now I'm slowly working on editing it. At my current rate, I'll be working on it well into December, since I'll have to stop for NaNoWriMo in November.
  • I GOT TO WATCH THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!!! (And I beg your apologies for my departure from proper grammar. That's just how excited I was.) Not only that, but I was able to watch the Extended Editions, which pretty much doubled the epicness. My opinion of it? Incredible. Amazing. Epic. Awesome. Without a doubt the best movies ever. I didn't even really mind most of the changes. The only change that bothered me was a certain character whose name starts with an F, who acted much more nobly in the book. That I'm pretty upset about.
  • I also watched Brave this summer, which was fun. It was the first time I'd gone to the movies since Prince Caspian came out, so that was pretty cool. (We usually just wait for new movies to come out on DVD and then either buy them or get them out from the library, which I'm fine with, but my friend and I wanted to go to the movies.) The movie itself was fairly good; definitely not your average princess story.
  • School has started, and it's going fairly well so far. Most of my subjects are about the same as ever. History is fairly interesting again this year; apparently the higher grade you are, the more interesting history gets. Unfortunately, I'm back to Algebra instead of Geometry, which I'm not too happy about, but it hasn't been too bad thus far. My least favorite subject is once more science. I'm doing biology this year, which I'm not too excited about. I'm hoping that it'll get a little easier in future, or at least that there'll be fewer definitions for me to memorize. (There's 25 in the first chapter. 25. I mean, I mostly know the majority of them, since quite a few of them seem like different names for pretty much the same thing, but that's still a lot.) 
  • AWANA has also started; we had our first night yesterday. I'm an official T'n'T leader this year, one of two working with the 4th grade group. We have a small club this year; in fact, the boys T'n'T club outnumbers us! (That never happens. Never. Or, not until now.) I don't mind the smaller club, however. It's much calmer than it has been in previous years.
  • Last Saturday (the 15th) was our church's Fall Fest and 5k. I went, of course, since my mom and sister were helping with a game and Daddy was going to take pictures. I ended up helping with another game, pumpkin bowling (bowling using plastic pumpkins and balls), half the time and spent the other half the time helping with my mom's game. The game she was running was quite interesting; the person who organized the games had gotten it from a show called Minute To Win It. In the game, you have a cup (or multiple cups) and you bounce pencils off their erasers to try to get them in the cup(s). It's challenging, but doable. I plan to try it again sometime at home. 
Well, that's about it. Thanks again for your patience; I'll do my best to update again sometime soon! Namarie*!
-Sarah 
*Namarie means "farewell" in Elvish. No, I don't speak it, at least not very well. I just have a few words and phrases memorized.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.