Words Written Today: 1,419 words
Words I Still Need to Write Today: 248 words
Dialogue is fun. It's probably my favorite part of writing, at least until my characters run out of things to say. Also, I learn some very interesting things through dialogue. A few non-spoiler examples:
- There are various other continents and islands in the world my novel is set in, which are unknown to nearly everyone except the crews of the various merchant vessels. The crewmembers are sworn to secrecy about these locales so that the competition will have to find the places for themselves.
- Dragons think humans taste bad. Also, evil people might taste worse than good people.(The second statement is untested.)
- Members of the Alyron family tend to think loudly.
- According to Jared Alyron, the main reason he likes the company of other people is that if he tried conversing with himself, he'd already know all the answers he'd get.
- Ariana Nernathon doesn't think I'm a very good writer.
How's your novel going, if you're doing NaNo? If you're not, how's your month going?
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)
Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)