Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blog Awards

Hey'a! My Top Ten Tuesdays post will hopefuly be up later today, but I have another post for y'all first. A bit over a week ago, I was given the Sunflower Blog Award by Ryebrynn of Ryebrynn's Random Ramblings. Hannon le*, Rye! (As a note, what's the etiquette on how soon you're supposed to answer these kinds of things? A week? Two weeks? Let's hope it's two weeks. If it's less time . . . sorry.)

Rules of the award:
-Share 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions given by your nomination blogger
-Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.

11 Facts:
1. I'm currently knitting a pillow, which I'm approximately halfway done with.
2. I'm trying to write two novels at once and not doing a very good job of it.
3. I enjoy playing writer's truth or dare. 
4. I'm tired of winter.
5. I made chili and cornbread for dinner last night.
6. I'm bad at coming up with facts about myself.
7. I'm cold.
8. I'm currently in about ten roleplays on various forums. It's awesome.
9. I've never been to Boston in the fall.
10. I don't like jello.
11. I do like waffles with cream cheese and maple syrup (together) on them. It's really good.

11 Questions:
1. What are you currently reading?
The Seventh Door by Bryan Davis.
2. What book coming out soon are you most excited about?
Shadow Hand! Though I guess that just came out today, didn't it? HUZZAH!
3. Do you like Mountain Dew(if you don't, I'll still forgive you... maybe :P)
I've never had it and am not inclined to try anything with that much caffeine. 
4. Who is your favorite author?
J.R.R. Tolkien. 
5. What is your favorite series?
The Lord of the Rings
6. What is your favorite stand-alone novel?
Um . . . either The Hobbit or Howl's Moving Castle.
7. Do you like cats?
In general,  yes.
8. What is your opinion of dogs?
I like them well enough, unless they decide to knock me over.
9. What is your favorite state(In America)
Virginia. Or Texas.
10. Spicy food or sweet food?
Sweet!
11. What is your favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings.
Next, I'm supposed to nominate 11 people, but before I do that, I've also been awarded the Liebster Award by Karolina of Karolina's Bookshelf Recollections. Danke,** Katrina! Interestingly, the Liebster Award and Sunflower Award posts are extremely similar, so I'm 'cheating' and combining the two. In my defense, it's hard to come up with both facts and people to nominate. 
Karolina's Questions:
1. What prompted you to start blogging?
I really don't remember. I think it had something to do with the fact that at that time, I was a lurker on the Underground, and a lot of people on there had blogs.
2. If you could choose to marry any character out of any book you read whom would you choose and why?
Gah, hard choice. Almost anyone I choose splits up a pairing that I love. I guess I'd pick Aragorn, though. He's noble, kind, brave, humble, and all around awesome.
3. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?
I don't know . . . I probably did a lot of weird stuff when I was a kid that I don't remember. Of what I do remember, probably trying to open a door (like, turn the knob and stuff) with my feet . . . while they were tied together.  It was story research. And I was bored. I did eventually succeed, if you were wondering.
4. What is your favourite book series and why?
The Lord of the Rings. I love the characters, the world, the deepness of the plot, pretty much everything about it.
5. What is the last book you cried over?
I don't know . . . I don't cry over books. I guess probably Allegiant was the last book I got upset over.
6. Which book would you like to give a different ending to than the author intended? What would it be?
Either Allegiant or The Circles of Seven. Either way, someone who died would live.
7. Which author (living or dead) would you like to meet given the chance? 
J.R.R. Tolkien, definitely.
8. You are flying over the ocean with your whole library in tow. The plain crashes but you can save three books. Quick! Which ones will it be?
My two autographed Tales of Goldstone Wood books (Veiled Rose and Dragonwitch) and one of my autographed Bryan Davis books (probably Raising Dragons).
9. Two characters from different books are in a cage-fight. Who are they and who would win?
Characters: Wolf (The Lunar Chronicles) vs. Joram (Auralia's Colors). Wolf is an undefeated street fighter and ***SPOILER FOR SCARLET*** a Lunar Special Operative***END SPOILER***. Joram is a beastman, which basically means a part-person-mostly-beast-creature. I think that Wolf would win in the end. Joram has more brute strength, but Wolf is more cunning.
10. Say you never fell under the spell of reading. What would you being right now?
Not blogging, that's for sure. 
11. You can be anyone you want. Living person or fictional character. Who would you be and why?
Hmm . . . I don't know. Maybe Dame Imraldera, since she's pretty awesome and she's keeper of the Haven Library and all. Or Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia, since it would be cool to be the first human to go to Narnia since its beginning.

And now for my nominations/questions. Questions first!
1. Would you rather live in Rome during Nero's reign or Paris during the French Revolution?
2. You find a secret passage in your room that seems to lead to a beautiful fairyland of sorts. The keeper of that realm says you're free to return as often as you like, on the condition that you'll search for a way to free him from his captivity there. Do you accept? Why or why not?
3. Do you enjoy listening to books on cd/mp3?
4. If you could have any accent in the world, what would you choose?
5. Dragons or griffins?
6. Pie or cheesecake?
7. If you could have any animal, real or otherwise, for a pet, what would you pick?
8. Do you prefer watching movies in the theater or at home?
9. What's one food you'd like to try but never have?
10. What are you listening to right now?
11. The book or the movie?

And now for nominations. Since I've gotten and passed on the Liebster Award before, these are all for the Sunflower Blog Award.
Hannah
Emma
Sarah Faulkner
IDK323
And I can't think of who else who hasn't already been given it, so . . . yeah. If you're reading this and you want to do it, you can.
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

*Thank you. (Elvish)
**Thank you. (German)

4 comments:

  1. (adele) I know who the keeper of the realm is from.. Entwined! That is my all time fav. Keeper gives me the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He seems so nice at first . . . and yet he's so insanely evil.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.