This week's Random Friday theme is recipes I want to try. I'll admit, cooking isn't my favorite activity. However, due to parental decrees, I have been doing more cooking over the last few months, so there are some recipes I'd like to try (eventually- some of them are beyond my skill level at the moment). Most of the recipes are foods my mom has made and I like.
1. Just about anything from the Redwall cookbook. I discovered this last Friday, and I haven't looked through it extensively, but what I've seen sounds good. I think it would be fun to try making some of my favorite Redwall foods. The only problem is that a lot of the most interesting ones seem to call for ingredients we don't usually have on hand.
2. Fried rice. If you ask me, this is one of the best ways to eat rice. It's good as a side, of course, but if you add meat, it's a tasty main dish as well. I like it best with pork.
|Ladylocks, without powdered sugar|
4. Orange chicken. This is another of my favorite foods that I don't know how to make (yet). My mom has made two varieties: one in the crockpot and one in the skillet. I prefer the skillet variety, though the crockpot version is probably easier.
5. Peanut butter bars. My mom has made these several times, and as far as I know, almost everyone who's tried them loves them. I know I certainly do! They're a little like peanut butter cups in bar cookie form, but I think they might be yummier.
|Peanut butter bars.|
6. Baked Oatmeal. If you haven't tried this, you need to. It's vastly different from normal oatmeal that you make in a pot. My favorite version, peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal, tastes a bit like a peanut butter cookie, especially if you pour some milk on it when you eat it.
7. Lembas. I don't think they'd be at all the same as Middle Earth lembas. However, it's the closest I can come, so I'd like to try it anyway.
What recipes would you like to try making? Please tell me in the comments, or make your own Random Fridays post!
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)
Want to join in the Random Fridays fun? Feel free to make a post of your own on the week's topic! Please just be sure to use the Random Fridays banner, link back to Awkwordly Emma, and post the link to your post on the Awkwordly Emma blog so other participants can check out your post. For a list of future Random Friday topics, click here.