Monday, October 19, 2015

The 2015 Blogger Awards Begin!

It's back.

Some of you- hopefully most of you- may remember the Blogger Awards, a celebration of this year's best books and authors. And now begins the second annual Blogger Awards! Huzzah! (And this year, I get to be a judge- also huzzah!)

Gorgeousness designed by Hannah Williams
This year, we'll have six categories:



Saturday, December 19- Best Cover, hosted by Schuyler
Sunday, December 20- Best Title, hosted by Hannah
Monday, December 21- Best Short Fiction, hosted by Ghost Ryter
Tuesday, December 22- Best Character, hosted by Annie
Wednesday, December 23- Best Book, hosted by me (!!!)
Thursday, December 24- Best Author, hosted by Allison

I hope everyone else is as excited for this as I am, because guess what? We judges need to know what we're judging. Comment on this post with your nomination for the best new book published in 2015- sorry, republications don't count. Then go visit the other judges and give them your nominations in their categories too! Nominations close November 1, so you have time if you're not sure what to nominate . . . but don't procrastinate too long! 

I'm looking forward to seeing your nominations!

-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

28 comments:

  1. Ooh! I have so many good ones. :D Okay, here goes.

    - A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes.
    - Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman.
    - The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight.
    - Firefight by Brandon Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siren's Fury by Mary Weber
    Remnants: Season of Fire by Lisa T. Bergren
    Fairest by Marissa Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO HARD!!!!

    The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight
    The Innocent by Willowy Whisper

    *sigh* Most of my favorite books weren't published this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I need to figure out what to nominate for all the other categories . . . Thanks for coming up with stuff. (One of the things you nominated, 95% sure it'll be what I end up reading . . . just judging off of attitudes I've seen around the internet. And by the internet I mean blogs and Goodreads.)

      Again, I know exactly what you mean. :P

      Delete
  4. I'll have to comment later. I'm finding it rather hard to narrow it down to two or three books to nominate. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Ooh. Nice one. *nods* Thanks for posting your nomination!

      Delete
  6. I nominate Water Princess, Fire Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree
    A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron
    Draven's Light by Anne Elisabeth Stengl are my top 3 nominees. Loved those books SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Um...

    Water Princess, Fire Prince by Kendra E. Ardnek
    The Crossways by Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
    The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do semi-short stories count (20–40K)? If so, then By Divine Right by Patrick W. Carr. And I'd also love to nominate The Shock of Night by the same author, but it technically hasn't been released yet, besides the fact that I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Semi-short stories do not count in my category . . . but they do count in "Best Short Fiction", hosted by Ghost Ryter! http://www.ghostryter.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-2015-blogger-book-awards.html
      So, definitely go over and nominate those on her blog! (Thank you for letting me know about them, though- I will have to check them out, since I like Patrick Carr's Sword and Staff trilogy.)
      Oh, and if there's any longer stuff you'd like to nominate . . . *grins* I'll still be here.

      Delete
  10. I nominate Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one nominated quite a few times already . . . thanks!

      Delete
  11. I nominate Firefight and Shadows of Self, by Brandon Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm afraid I haven't read many new books this year! But I will nominate Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree. Loved that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read terribly few new books this year too, and as it's shaken out, the ones I've been most excited about, I'm disqualified from nominating ;). But I did enjoy IMPLANT by J Grace Pennington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to ask why you can't nominate it and then I realized why. xD Danke!

      Delete
  14. "Firefight" by Brandon Sanderson
    "Pendragon's Heir" by Suzannah Rowntree

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.