Sunday, July 17, 2016

Beautiful People: July 2016 Edition

Hosted by Paper Fury
Hello, everyone! It's time for another edition of Beautiful People! Once again, there's no particular theme to these questions, just an assortment of various queries. And, once again, I'm doing it proper interview style, because that's more fun. Today I'll be interviewing Callie, the heroine of my Camp NaNoWriMo WIP, Fight Song. (Incidentally: I hit my goal for the month on said WIP! The novella isn't done yet, but I'm hoping to finish that by the end of the month too.)

Anyway! On with the interview!

1.  Do you want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?
Callie: Good lord. I don't know anymore. When I was a little girl I figured I'd find a nice guy and have a few kids; then I got older and I decided I wanted to into music, and then there was the murder and . . . I don't know anymore. Ask me in five years; maybe I'll tell you then.


2. What is your weapon of choice? (It doesn’t necessarily have to be a physical weapon.)
Callie: My violin- Well, the music off my violin. I'm better on the guitar, but for a weapon, the violin has more oomph.

3. What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else, and why did you do it?
Callie: Nicest thing? Not sure about that either, not really . . . I've rescued a few people; that count?  I wasn't trying to be nice; it was just the right thing to do. Actually trying to be nice; guess you could say taking care of some of my friends when they were sick- throwing-up sick, I mean- would count.

4. Have you ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?
Callie: Mm, define physically violent?

If you think it might be physically violent, it probably is.
Callie: Well, then, I guess so. I've never hit someone, not since I was old enough to know better. 'Least, not hitting them in a way that's meant to hurt. Punching a guy friend in the arm when he's being an idiot's doesn't count. But I've used my songs to hurt, physically hurt, sometimes. Doesn't feel violent, though, using music to control wind or water or fire or earth or steel or anything else you can think of. And I don't do it just because- just when the person I'm after is hurting someone else. Not that I'm not tempted sometimes.

5. Are you a rule-follower or a rebel?
Callie: Rule-follower, mostly.

6. Are you organized or messy?
Callie: In-between. I'm not a neat freak, but Momma was, and she's taught me enough that I keep my place clean enough.


7. What makes you feel loved, and who was the last person to make you feel that way?
Callie: Oh, little things mostly. Doing a chore for me so I don't have to, making or buying food for me, making sure I'm ok, spending time with me doing whatever, taking an interest in my activities. It doesn't take much, honestly. So, last person to make me feel that way . . . Rebecca, honestly. But she makes everyone feel that way- she wants to know about your life and are how are you doing and what do you like, and she actually cares about the answer.

8. What do you eat for breakfast?
Callie: At home, Momma never lets anyone leave the house without a good breakfast. Even if you can't wait for her to be up and making things, she always keeps baked oatmeal cups in the freezer that you can heat up, and cut-up fresh fruit in the fridge or freezer, depending on the season. Here in the city . . . coffee and whatever I can grab before I run out the door. Bowl of cereal, granola bar, something like that. Let me tell you, sometimes I think it's mornings that make me miss home most.

9. Have you ever lost someone close to you? What happened?
Callie: Gramma- Dad's momma- died when I was 'bout ten. No one was surprised, really. She'd been sick for a while. But it still hurt; I missed her stories and her singing with me. And it was the first time I'd really experienced death.


10. What’s your treat of choice? (Or, if not food, how else do you reward yourself?)
Callie: I'd say coffee, but that's a way of life, not a treat. Fancy coffees qualify, though.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about Callie! Are you doing Beautiful People this month? If you are, please link me to your post in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.