1. How long have you been following Knitted By God's Plan and how did you find me?
Um. I discovered Knitted By God's Plan when you commented on one of my posts with a snippet of Water Princess, Fire Prince and then offered to let me beta-read the book to satisfy my curiosity. So I've been following for at least two years, possibly close to three. I tried to find the exact post and comment, but they eluded me.
2. If you've read any of my books, which? And which are your favorites? If you haven't read any, which are you most interested in?
At this point, I've read all of them except for a couple short stories. I rather want to read "The Prior Quest" sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. Spending money on ebooks, even when I love the author, is always a struggle for me. As for my favorite, definitely Lady Dragon, Tela Du, because that book is five kinds of awesome.
3. If you could redesign any of my covers, how would it look? Feel free to photoshop something, or just describe it.
I'd love to Photoshop something, but I don't have time, so . . . I guess I'd redesign the short story covers so that they looked more professional. I'm sorry; I like hand-drawn covers when they're well done, but those are . . . not exactly well done. I'm not saying that I could've drawn them better (because I can't draw at all), but yeah. That's honestly the main reason why I didn't read most of the short stories until this summer.
4. Of my WIP's, which are you most eager for me to finish and publish?
So, my first instinct is to say Worth of a King, because I'm currently beta-reading it and while I'm not very far in, I expect that it'll end up in my top three favorites of your books. But I know you're writing it and you're going to publish it relatively soon (hopefully next year, I think?), so I feel like I should pick a different book, in which case I guess I'd go with HaV Academy, because it sounds fascinating. Also, superheroes. Superheroes are cool.
5. Which of my Pinterest Storyboards do you find the most intriguing?
Hard to pick, but I'm going to go with either HaV Academy or Worth of a King again- HaV because of all the masks and quotes and story prompt posts, Worth because it's fun to try to match pins to characters and guess what might happen in the future based on what's pinned there.
6. Pick a fairy tale and tell me how you would like to rewrite it.
I want to see you take on "The Six Soldiers of Fortune" or "The Six Servants." I don't know how I want you to do them, but they're strange and obscure and used to be some of my favorite fairy tales and I just want to see what you'd do with them.
7. Recommend a book for me to read.
Well, my automatic response is to suggest Goldstone Wood, but I think you might've tried that? You at least know about it. So instead I'll suggest Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, because it's awesome and it has superheroes, which made me think of HaV Academy. I also think you might like Beggar Magic by H. L. Burke, because it's unique and fairly lighthearted and just generally enjoyable.
8. If you and I were stranded together on a desert island, how long do you think that we would survive?
Um. Hopefully long enough. I don't have much in the way of survival skills, and I'm pretty sure you don't either, but we've read enough books that maybe we could figure things out until someone came to rescue us.
9. What is a project that you're working on that you can't wait to release into the world?
Haha, all of them? But I guess I'll go with Blood in the Snow, since that's the one that actually has a chance of being out there sometime soon. Hopefully, anyway.
10. What is a burning question that you have for me?
I don't really have any burning questions that I haven't already asked in the chat or put in the Character Q&A thread . . . So I guess I'll ask: how long do you think we'd survive on a desert island? I'm curious.
That was fun. Now, time to get back to all the things I'm actually supposed to be working on . . .
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)