Friday, May 7, 2021

Interview With Princess Sorei (of Love and Memory)

 Good morning (or afternoon, or evening, or whenever you happen to be reading this), all! Who here's read Love and Memory since it released two weeks ago? (If you haven't gotten it yet, you can pick it up on Amazon). As part of the release tour, I was supposed to post this interview with Sorei, one of the new characters, but . . . it didn't exactly happen. But I thought it was fun, so I'm posting it now.

Interview With Princess Sorei

Hello, Sorei! Welcome to the blog! To start out, tell us a little about yourself! Who you are, your role in the story, anything you want to share?

I'm a princess on the way to marry a prince so he can become king. I'll secure a treaty between our feuding kingdoms and be his first wife, but who knows if he'll remember me the next day. I mean, I'm barely more than a child. 

As a princess of Kurzi, I'm sure you have many duties and responsibilities. Can you tell us a bit about what those look like and how you feel about them?

If you consider learning how to make myself beautiful and perfect for a future husband to be a duty and a responsibility ... oh, and learning how to argue with the other women over who's the most valuable and important, but I know that doesn't count.

Who would you say is the person who's influenced or inspired you most in your life?

My oldest brother Nalaam, who I unfortunately failed to mention to Kendra until the last minute so she wasn't able to properly incorporate him into the book. But he was the one who taught me to read and write, and then convinced my father that I was the one who should be sent for the alliance. I'm a bit put out with him on that last point.

During the course of your story, you encounter some rather interesting travelers from another world. What were your thoughts on them? 

They treat their women a lot better than my country does. I mean, they say it's not perfect either, and I believe them, but, well, they apparently don't send fourteen-year-old girls off to get married. 

Based on your experience with these travelers, what do you think their world does better than yours, and what does your world (or country, either one) do better than theirs?

Well, their world has televisions and technology, but ours has Fire Princes and magic, so I think that's a fair trade. There's some other stuff, too, but I don't have everything straight on what is their world, what is actually Rizkaland, and what is Sylvia's other countries.

One of those travelers, I'm aware, has in her possession a magic tablecloth that produces a feast of its owner's favorite foods on command. I also believe you got to partake of at least one of these feasts. Did you taste any particularly noteworthy foods from it? Either something particularly delicious or something especially odd?

There was this stuff called chocolate, and it was amazing. Bitter and sweet all at once, it tasted a bit like the nira nut, but even better.

How do you hope people, either those in your own world or those in our world who read your story, will remember you? What legacy do you want to leave behind? 

I want to be remembered - positively - for myself, and not just as the princess who a prince married to secure an alliance and bear him an heir.

That seems like a good legacy. Thanks for answering my questions!

So, if you've read Love and Memory, what did you think of it? If you haven't read it yet, what's another new release that you really loved (or are really excited for)? Please tell me in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.