Monday, February 25, 2013

A Quick Update

Hey'a, anyone who reads my blog!

The past almost-two weeks have passed more or less uneventfully except for a few things:

New books!- Two weekends ago, I finished the Blood of Kings trilogy. As I said in my last post, I listened to the first two books while I was knitting. My friend lent me the third book, which was even better than the first two, particularly since Vrell and Achan both seemed to mature quite a bit. I'd say more, but I don't want to give anything away. Anyway, last Monday (one week ago) I ordered two new books from Barnes and Noble: By Darkness Hid (since I wanted to have it in paper-and-ink form) and Starflower, the fourth book in Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Tales of Goldstone Wood series. In case you didn't know, the Goldstone Wood books are, in general, amazing, and Starflower definitely did not disappoint. (Well, at the end of the story, I was very disappointed that Bard Eanrin, the Wood, the Far World, Starflower, and various other aspects of the story weren't real. But what else is new?)

Knitting- I finished the cowl I was working on at the time of my last post the day before Valentine's Day. I then started a bandana cowl, which was the largest project I'd done yet. It also required circular needles, which drove me slightly nuts for a while. However, that project was interrupted when my youth group leader asked if I could make a button cowl (the first cowl I made) for him to give to his wife, and also offered to pay me for it! I was happy to do so, and finished that cowl last Saturday night. Then I finished my bandana cowl just this morning, and am currently wearing it. I plan to make another pair of wristers (or fingerless gloves, or whatever you want to call them) next. I spent most of the afternoon searching out patterns, and now I just have to pick which ones I want to make. Decisions, decisions . . .

Writing- I've written two short stories in the past two weeks, one on Valentine's Day morning and one last Sunday morning. I'm fairly pleased with both of them, particularly the Valentine's Day one, since it's an idea I had in my head for a while but didn't figure out how to do properly until that day. I'll probably post one or both of them on here at some point, and may also enter one of them in my library's writing contest. I haven't decided whether I'll do one of the two I wrote recently or if I'll enter Speak Life instead.

School- School in general is still going fairly well. My history is still trying to kill me, but I've managed to come out on top. My science (which I decidedly did not like at the beginning of the year) is getting better. I've started my Literature (which only takes up half a school year) and so far, I've been enjoying it. I'm supposed to be reading a Sherlock Holmes story tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Well, that's about it. Thanks for reading!

Calo anor na ven.*
- Sarah

*May the sun shine upon your road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.