Friday, March 10, 2017

Random Fridays: Spring 2017 Reads

http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/
Hello, everyone! The weather outside is still frightful, but today we're turning our thoughts to things delightful- spring 2017 reads! I was originally going to save this topic for next week, when spring will be a little closer. But, when I noticed that Emma's doing it for Random Fridays over at Awkwordly Emma this week, I decided to join in!

Spring 2017 Reads

1. Dragonwatch by Brandon Mull (March 14)
 So, I prefer Bradon Mull's Beyonders series to the Fablehaven stories . . . but that doesn't keep me from being excited for Dragonwatch! The series ended on a pretty epic note, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. Even without the added excitement of restless dragons, the last book left plenty of potential for more adventures.

2. Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14)
I'm not quite sure what to expect from this one. On one hand, I'm always up for another Beauty and the Beast retelling, and Hunted sounds like an interesting twist on the classic tale. On the other hand, I'm a bit worried that the main character will end up being another in the long line of highly unfeminine female protagonists. We'll just have to see what happens.

3. Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller (March 21)
The primary reason this is on my TBR list? It's advertised as "Firefly meets Dune," and while I haven't read Dune, I know I love Firefly and anything like it has a strong chance of being awesome. That aside, I don't read a lot of sci-fi, so this'll add some variety to my usual lineup. And the blurb claims political intrigue as well as Firefly-ness, so that's always fun. Hopefully it'll live up to my expectations.
4. Exiles by Jaye L. Knight (May 2017)
I don't know if this'll actually come out in May, especially since there's no specific date listed. However, I am excited for Exiles, especially since Samara's Peril was so amazing. And it's supposed to focus more on Daniel, who happens to be one of my favorite characters, so huzzah! Perhaps I'll actually read this one when it comes out instead of waiting until winter . . . time will tell!
5. Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner (May 16)
I've discussed this one already, back in my End-of-Year Book Freakout, but to recap: more Eugenides! more Eugenides! more Eugenides! I'm not sure how I feel about the apparent focus on the Medes instead of more familiar characters, but, hey, I know it'll be awesome. I just don't know what kind of awesome yet.

What new releases are you looking forward to this spring? Please tell me in the comments! 
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)    
 

8 comments:

  1. I had to give a little gasp when I saw Exiles! Looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Hunted to read too!! I actually am just worried it's going to be generic haha. I mean I loooove fairy tale retellings, but I need heroines with a bit more complexity these days.😜 We'll see! I hope it's a good one for both of us! :D I'm really looking forward to Our Dark Duet by VE Schwab!! It comes out in June though, so that's still fair away.... gah.😭😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. *nods* And I'm not at all surprised that that's what you mentioned . . . I hope you can survive the wait, haha.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Nice list! I have a blogger friend who is super psyched for the new Megan Whalen Turner book. I'm trying to think if there are any other spring releases you might be interested in... Did you read These Vicious Masks? Its sequel, These Ruthless Deeds, comes out on Tuesday.
    There's also Geekerella by Ashley Poston, Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis, Maud by Melanie J. Fishbane, Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh, and The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beaty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Cool! Most people haven't even heard of the series, I feel like. And no, I didn't read These Vicious Masks, though I think it's on my TBR. And I shall have to look up all those. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I still haven't read Jaye L. Knight's other books yet but they are on my want to read list. Shadow Run sounds pretty cool too and I have read Dune and really enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick up the Ilyon Chronicles; they're pretty awesome. I can't speak for her other books.
      Good to know!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.