Monday, May 7, 2018

A Call for Betas!

Hey'a, all!

Do you find yourself in need of something new to read? Do you want to read something of mine that isn't Fight Song? Did my various posts about Blood in the Snow over the course of the last year make you really curious about the book?

If the answer to any of those questions is "yes," well, you're in luck because I'm looking for beta-readers for Blood in the Snow! (For anyone who's new here and doesn't know what Blood in the Snow is, it's a retelling of Snow White blended with The Goose Girl, set in a world inspired by ancient Asia.) The novella is currently about 20K words long, but may be closer to 25K once I send it out— I want to expand a few scenes now that I don't have a wordcount limit.

Due to my current plans for Blood in the Snow, this will be a pretty quick turnaround. The timeline I'm aiming for is as follows:

May 7 – May 14: Beta-readers sign up while I work on expanding those scenes. If you're reading this after May 14 but before June 5 and want to sign up, you can, but you'll have less time to read the novella.
May 15: I send out Blood in the Snow to beta-readers.
May 15 – June 5: Beta-readers read the book and send me feedback.

Beta-readers can make comments in the document itself, type out their thoughts in an email, or do both. I may also have some specific questions that I ask all the beta-readers; if that happens, I'll send them in the email with the novella.

Interested? Awesome! Here's the form to sign up!


Thanks, everyone! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.