Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Errant King Review


Author: Wayne Thomas Batson

Characters: Excellent! The characters were interesting and endearing, with both old favorites and new friends. The only regrets I have are that some very interesting-sounding characters didn’t have a larger part and that there are some very sad parts relating to old favorites. 5/5

Location: Fairly good. I didn’t get too confused, but I still wasn’t entirely clear on where all the locations are. Also, one other thing confused me slightly: Amara, to my knowledge, is the world where the DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul are located, but apparently it’s also a region in the world of the Dark Sea Annals. This was rather disconcerting. 3/5

Plot: Amazing! I can’t even come close to saying what I think about the plot of this book; you have to read it to believe it. 5/5

Other: This book, in many ways, is rather bittersweet. I can’t say exactly why for fear of giving the story away, but there are a few places where, if I cried over books, I would’ve been doing so.

Overall Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.