Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Last Two Weeks


Hello, everyone! Sorry for taking so long to give you an update on my life. Anyway, here’s the latest from me.

·        On Thanksgiving, I finished NaNoWriMo, with a final page count of 413 pages or approximately 51,625 words. I was pretty excited when I ended up going over the required number of pages, since at first I thought I’d barely be able to write half that without reaching the end of my story.
·        What am I going to write now? Well, my current plans are to take a little bit of time off and work on short stories and planning Berstru until I feel ready to start a new novel. When I do that, I’m planning to write the sequel to The Call, for which my two temporary titles are The Rescue and Breaking Chains. However, I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head, including a sequel to Gone, a sequel to Elden Adventures, a story based off of “Rapunzel”, a pirate story that I would need to do a lot of research to write, and much, much more.
·        In other news, my birthday was last week, so I’m officially a year older, even if I don’t feel like it. I very much enjoyed it, especially the red velvet cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing that Mommy made. I was also very happy about my presents, which included some of my favorite books and cds.
·        We are officially into the Christmas season now! The tree and decorations are up and I’ve been listening to Christmas music almost non-stop since Friday. I’ve also been debating about trying to write a new Christmas story. If I can think of a plot I probably will, but at the moment it’s not looking good. On that subject, I will be posting “The Reason: A Christmas Story” on my blog starting Tuesday. I wrote this story last year, and I consider it one of my better short stories.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.