- The Dark Sea Annals by Wayne Thomas Batson. Technically, this would have to be seven movies, as there's going to be seven books. And that's kind of a lot. But I'd be ok with that as long as they were done well. Plus, the battle scenes would be absolutely epic.
- Echoes From the Edge by Bryan Davis. Once again, this would be a trilogy, but I think the movies would be awesome. They'd be a bit creepy too, with Mictar and the dream world and all, but it would be one creepy movie I'd totally watch.
- Entwined by Heather Dixon. I've said before that I love fairy tale remakes, and Entwined is one of my favorites. Also, Keeper's pavilion would be so incredibly pretty (for the most part), so I want to see what it would look like. I also think, for some reason, that this might make a good musical. For those who've read Entwined, what do you think?
- The Homelanders series by Andrew Klavan. So action movies aren't exactly my thing. I'd definitely want to see the Homelanders movies. And if they stayed true to the books, they would be fairly clean action movies.
- Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series by Brian Jacques. I'm not sure if this would make a better movie series or TV show. Either way, I think it would be great.
- The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie Viguie. Ok, let me make something clear: I am not the kind of girl who watches a lot of chick flicks, and this would definitely be a chick flick. However, I think it would make a really fun movie, perfect for lazy summer afternoons. (Or even winter days when you need to remember what summer feels like!)
- Princess of the Midnight Ball and its sequels by Jessica Day George. These, like Entwined, would be fairy-tale remakes, but we've already established how much I love these kinds of books and movies. They'd be slightly darker, less humorous movies than Entwined would be, but they'd be some of the more epic fairy-tale remakes, I'm sure.
- The Sky Riders by Christopher Hopper. This book just came out today, but I got to read it early, and it is awesome in so many ways. And with its edge-of-your-seat plot twists and absolutely magnificent steampunk setting, it would make an amazing movie. (And yes, I admit it: this was partially a shameless plug for one of my favorite author's new books.) I'd also like to see how they portray Aria Prime, because it sounds pretty incredible.
- The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall. I had to include at least one book-to-movie for the whole family, and that's where The Penderwicks comes in. We've listened to all three books at least once each on trips. They're fun, lighthearted books that would translate into perfect movies for a summer family movie night.
- The Door Within Trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson. This trilogy was a big part of what got me into fantasy, and I would love to see it in movie form.
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)
Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)