Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays: 2014 Goals

http://www.brokeandbookish.com
Hey'a, everyone! In honor of the new year, this week's Top Ten Tuesdays theme is Goals for 2014, bookish and otherwise. I don't usually do a lot of goal/resolution making, but I do have a few things, mostly writing-related, that I'd like to accomplish.
  1. Write at least a page (100 words) a day, 6 days a week. Ideally, I'll actually write every day, but some days (especially Tuesdays) are pretty busy.
  2. Finish my drafts of Monster in the Castle and Destinies and Decisions. Preferably before the next Camp NaNoWriMo. I can't really start another novel until I've finished these two. 
  3. Work on rewriting Danger in the Tower. I'm up to my second draft on this one, which is usually where I stop editing my stories and novels. However, I'd like to try to publish this series, so I need to do a lot more work on it. 
  4. Enter more writing contests. I always intend to enter contests but don't get anything entered in time. This year, I intend to change that. I especially want to enter the Tales of Goldstone Wood fanfiction contest, since I have a few ideas I really like.
  5. Do more photography. I really didn't do much photography at all in 2013, and I regret that. It's something I enjoy, but it often gets pushed aside by school, writing, reading, and the internet.
  6. Keep a semi-regular blog schedule. This was another thing that got pushed aside a lot this year, especially during the summer. I hope that I won't spend 2014 constantly apologizing for not posting.
  7. Procrastinate less. Yeah, not sure how well this'll work out. I procrastinate so much that I wrote a poem about it. But I can try, at least, and that's better than nothing. Right?
And I can't think of any others. Oh well. What are your goals for this year? Feel free to tell me in the comments, or you can make your own Top Ten Tuesdays post. Just be sure to link back to the Broke and Bookish blog and post the link to your post on their site.
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.