On a side note, from here on out, Random Fridays are only going to be every other week (at most) because Emma, who hosts them, isn't going to have as much time for blogging. This has actually been going on for a while, but this is the first time I've done a Random Friday since the change. Just wanted to let you know. Anyway, back to my literary kindred spirits!
- Una from Heartless. Personality-wise, she and I are practically twins. We're both romantics with a tendency to daydream about adventure (or at least a change from the ordinary). We both enjoy writing (poetry in particular). And while I like to think I'm not quite as silly as Una is sometimes, we both have a tendency to get flustered easily and say things not quite how we intended to.
- Cress from The Lunar Chronicles. Cress is another daydreamer, and she's about as close to a homeschooler as one can generally get in sci-fi novels. (At least the ones I've read.) We're both smart (though not in all the same areas- I know next to nothing about technology), as well as sheltered, a bit clueless at times, and not very comfortable in social situations.
- Jo March from Little Women. The most obvious similarity between Jo and I is that we're both writers, and that we both enjoy reading as well. We both also struggle with our patience, though I'm a good bit more reserved than Jo. Another similarity is that, like me, Jo is quite proud of her hair- or was, before a certain plot point.
- Jane Penderwick from The Penderwicks series. Jane is another writer, bookworm, and daydreamer like me. We both tend to be dramatic, and both have had crushes that left us feeling ridiculous afterwards. (As a note, though, I didn't make quite such a fuss about the crush or the aftermath as Jane- I suspect that very few people even guessed I had the crush at all.)
- Daryl from Echoes from the Edge. Ok, so I'm not a genius, but geek girls for the win, right? She's a movie geek; I'm a fantasy geek branching out into movies- we're not as similar as some of the people we'd mention, but I'm pretty sure we'd get along great if she were real. She'd definitely be someone I'd hang out with, in any case.