- Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings. If I'm going to have to survive in any situation away from civilization, Aragorn would always be my first choice. As a Dunadain Ranger, he'd certainly know how to make sure we both survived until help arrived. Plus, he's awesome.
- Bard Eanrin from Tales of Goldstone Wood. As a faerie and a Knight of Farthestshore, I feel fairly certain that Bard Eanrin could find a way off the island without much trouble at all. Even if he couldn't, at least I'd have excellent company while we waited for help.
- Kale from The DragonKeeper Chronicles. Kale and her minor dragons would definitely be a lot of help on a deserted island! Even if she couldn't make a gateway to get us out of there, her hollows are stocked with all sorts of useful things, and she is a fairly talented wizard. Also, she seems like she'd be a lot of fun to be around, so she and I could help each other keep our spirits up.
- Finnick from The Hunger Games trilogy. THG characters do not make a lot of my Top Ten Tuesdays lists, but in this case? Finnick would be an excellent person to have around. Being from District 4, he knows plenty about the sea and fishing and stuff, and as a Hunger Games victor, he obviously knows how to handle himself against danger. Plus, he's one of my favorite characters from THG.
- Howl Pendragon from Howl's Moving Castle. Howl could, potentially, be very useful to have around in a crisis- after all, he is a very powerful wizard. On the other hand, he might be rather less than useful, considering that he tends towards laziness and unwillingness to be pinned down to anything (like taking me with him once he finds a way off the island). Either way, alternately fangirling and arguing with him would certainly keep me too occupied for me to freak out!
- Dame Imraldera from Tales of Goldstone Wood. I tend to forget about her past, but all things considered, she would quite possibly know a good bit about how to stay alive. And she's awesome- I would love to meet her and talk to her, even if I had to get stuck on a deserted island to do it. And as long as she's with me, I know Bard Eanrin will be trying to find a way to rescue us.
- Hadyn from Legends of Karac Tor. I don't know how much help Hadyn would actually be, but I like him, and I think he'd be good company if I were trapped just about anywhere.
- Ewan from Legends of Karac Tor. For pretty much the same reasons as Hadyn. Any chance I could be stuck with both brothers so I don't have to choose?
- Vrell Sparrow from the Blood of Kings Trilogy. So we'd both be pretty much useless in this situation. We'd figure it out. And Vrell can bloodvoice, so we'd at least have some help. In general, though, my main reason is that I think she and I would get along pretty well.
- Jason Silver from my novels. Ok, this is kind of cheating because I'm pretty sure these are supposed to be from published books, but I currently don't care because Jason's one of my favorite characters I've ever written. He'd probably drive me crazy within a few days- but I'd drive him crazy right back, because I'm his author and I know his secrets and it would probably end with him trying to deny everything I said and I'd just be silently laughing at him. Or maybe not so silently. But yeah. And at least as long as Jason was around, I'd be certain help was coming. He has certain connections that make that a certainty.
Garo arad vaer!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)