Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm Back At Last


Hello, everyone! I am back, finally! Sorry for the long wait, but one thing led to another, and my break ended up being somewhat longer than planned. In other words, every time I planned to write a blog entry, I got distracted. But now I am back, and I do not plan on taking any breaks, extended or otherwise, for quite a while. So, an overview of what’s gone on while I’ve been on blogging break:

·        During one and a half or so weeks of my break, we were cabin camping in the Pennsylvania mountains. This is my favorite vacation, despite the fact that it involves a large amount of something that isn’t exactly my favorite activity: hiking. However, even hiking can be fairly enjoyable if done in comfortable weather and I’m doing it on trails I like, otherwise known as easy trails with nice scenery. And, of course, there’s the fact that cabin camping involves roasting marshmallows over a campfire, something that is certainly one of my favorite treats, and pretty much makes up for the hiking. So, the main things that I disliked on the trip was the lack of internet access (which was bearable, since I at least had my iPod, a few books, and every notebook that I might want) and the mosquitoes and other biting insects. These, unfortunately, seem to view me as an all-you-can-eat buffet on feet. Still, it’s a small price to pay for an enjoyable vacation.
·        Despite all the hiking I did, I managed to find quite a bit of time to work on my stories, and I am very pleased to say that The Call, which I have decided will be the official name of my novel about the three girls, is approximately three-quarters of the way done. The remaining quarter is also the most exciting part of the tale, so I hope to finish this tale fairly soon. My other tale, which is still unnamed, is one-quarter of the way done, and since I plan on it being much shorter than The Call, I hope to finish this soon as well.
·        The reason for the amount of writing I’ve gotten done could have something to do with the lack of new books I’ve found. Although I have gone to the library since my return, they did not have the books I was looking for, a great disappointment to me. Still, I’ll find them eventually.

Well, that’s about it! Thanks for stopping by, and I’m sorry for the long wait for updates.
-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back! Sounds like a great vacation, mosquito bites aside.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.