Saturday, March 10, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Hello, everyone! I'm here with an update on what I've been doing lately.
  • Today, I read The Ale Boy's Feast, the last book in the Auralia Thread series. It was absolutely incredible. I know of very few authors who can end the last book in a series like he did and not get fans mad at them, but Jeffery Overstreet managed it perfectly. 
  • My writing has been going well. I've started two short stories, both of which I'm currently quite happy with. One is a sci-fi/futuristic story. The other is a story set in Berstru, the world of my NaNoWriMo 2011 novel. The second story, I think, is my favorite. It concerns a masked bardess, a prince, a masquerade ball, and a plot to kill the king. Granted, it might sound a bit cliche plotwise, but I'm hoping that it won't be as cliche as it sounds and that my characters will make up for it if it is.
  • I've also been doing quite a bit of photography, though not as much as I probably should be doing. I think that part of my problem is that I think of ideas, but I either can't figure out how to do them or I decide to write or read a book instead. 
Well, that's about it. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.