Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Book of Names Review


Author: D. Barkley Briggs

Characters: Very good. The characters were very realistic, but still unique. I felt like I really got to know them throughout the book, though I did feel a bit detached from them at times.
3/5

Location: Excellent. The friend who recommended this book to me said that the location was good, and I’m definitely not going to argue. I can’t think of anything that should be changed about it.   
5/5

Plot: Very good! Though I felt like it started off a bit slow at first, the plot was engaging and fairly well paced throughout most of the book. There were plenty of plot twists, particularly towards the end of the book, and just the right amount of humor.
4/5

Other: I really enjoyed this book! Though there were several parts of it that I, being quite familiar with this particular genre, saw coming, I thought that overall it was quite original and interesting!

Overall Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.