Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Corus the Champion Review


Author: D. Barkley Briggs

 He was once the greatest champion in the land.

Then he disappeared.

With Nemesia's defeat, the Barlows have helped turn the tide in the Hidden Lands. But the victory is short-lived. An even greater evil stirs in the north with a fierce new army bent on destruction. As the twins, Gabe and Garret, discover their own special powers, a thin thread of hope emerges: long ago, a fabled king was rescued from death on our world and hidden on Karac Tor. Who is he?

Each brother has their part to play. Hadyn must travel north to warn the land barons, which leaves Ewan with a bitter choice. Will he sacrifice what is most precious to discover whether Corus lives? Even more important, if Corus is alive, can he wake the Sleeping King of legend...before it's too late?

Characters: Excellent. I enjoyed getting to learn more about Hadyn and Ewan’s brothers, as well as seeing the return of several old friends (particularly Cruedwyn Creed) and meeting quite a few new friends. I also liked that I got to find out more about Corus.
4/5

Location: Very good. The locations were clear and easy to visualize, creative enough to impress me, but with enough basis on Earth that I could get a very good picture of them.
5/5

Plot: I have mixed feelings about the plot of this book. On one hand, it’s even more exciting than the first book, with many more twists. On the other hand, I disliked the fact that in many places, there would be several chapters with one character, and then we’d go back to a different character and have missed out on so much. I also had a hard time figuring out how much time had passed. Overall, I enjoyed it, but there were a few things that I had issues with.
3/5

Other: This book was even better than the previous one, and it’s definitely a must-read series. I especially liked the use of Arthurian legends in the story.

Overall Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.