Friday, August 17, 2012

St. Louis Arch Pictures

Hello, everyone! A few weeks ago, my family went to St. Louis, and while we were there, Daddy and I went to the Arch to take pictures. I only just now finished editing them, due in part to all the writing and editing I needed to do and also due in part to the fact that reading or writing often seemed more appealing than editing pictures.


This is one of the only two more traditional pictures I took there. Mostly I tried for abstracts like these:




In the first two, I was trying to capture the curve of the arch against the sky. In the third, I was trying to get the reflection combined with the arc of light. (Which I thought made it look like the area was disappearing into a portal. Anyone agree? Probably not, but we all know strange things go on in my mind sometimes.)


This is the other traditional picture I took. It's the dome of the St. Louis Courthouse with the arch behind it. The courthouse was under construction, unfortunately, so I didn't include it in my picture.




As you can see, these are more abstracts. I really liked the colors in the arch after sunset, which is mostly what I was trying to capture with these. I'm especially proud of the last one, which, by the way, is an HDR if anyone was wondering.

I hope you liked my pictures! I hope to post a news update sometime soon, so keep an eye out for that. Thanks for reading!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.