Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just a Quick Update . . .

Hello, everyone! It's me, back with another update. This week has been mostly uneventful: school, a little writing, a little editing, and a little reading. I will be posting some poems and a short story on here over the next week or two, though, so I guess I got something useful done. I really need to get busy with writing and editing, because next month is November and that means NaNoWriMo begins in exactly 24 days, 17 hours, and 11 minutes. (That's not to be confused with when I start writing, since I usually don't do the stay-up-late-and-start-at-midnight thing like some people. I'd like to, but staying up that late usually results in me getting sick.) I've already figured out what my plot will be; here's a summary of it:
"Emma Alyron has spent the last several years trying to avoid her family and all the trouble that surrounds them, but all her hopes for peace have just come crashing down around her. When Gwen's search for Jake brings her and the Firhirts to Beylend, the two sisters run into each other, with disastrous consequences. To make things worse for all and sundry, Jared Alyron is in town, and everyone knows that when Jared's around, trouble's sure to follow. Emma soon learns a secret that could make the difference between life and death, but will she be willing to share it if it means falling headfirst into what she's been running from half her life?"
 It's not the best summary I've ever written, but I'm excited about the plot. I've been wanting to write it for some time, but haven't gotten around to it until now. I'm hoping that'll make NaNoWriMo go easier for me and keep me from getting stuck.

The one exciting thing that did happen this week is that I finally got to see The Hunger Games yesterday! I read (and reviewed) the series back when the movie first came out, but didn't go see it in theaters. Now that it's out on DVD, we were able to get it out from the library so my mom (who also read the series) and I could see what we think. Overall, I thought it was fairly good, but not one of my top five favorites. I didn't like how shaky the camera was all the time, or all the changes they made from the book. I also wasn't happy about how Katniss talked to her mother in one scene. Aside from that and one or two other small things, however, it wasn't bad, and I'll probably try to get it if I can.

That's really all I have to say today. Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check back for my writings! Namarie!
- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.