Saturday, May 16, 2020

A Twist of Rapunzel Tour: Interview With the Daughter of Blood and Misfortune

Hey'a, everyone! It's a two-post, two-tour week; today we're back with the Twist of Rapunzel double release tour! This tour features Kendra E. Ardnek's Misfortune and Kirsten Fichter's Diamond. And for today, we have an exclusive interview with one of the main characters of Misfortune, the Daughter of Blood and Misfortune. (Yeah, it's a mouthful.) in addition, we'll have another interview with Kirsten Fichter here this coming Tuesday, and you can find my thoughts on Misfortune over on Light and Shadows. So make sure you check out all of those — after the interview.

About . . .

The Book

A Twist of Adventure #4

The day she was born, her kingdom fell, and so she was branded the daughter of blood and misfortune and locked away. Now a dragon plagues the land and her curse may be the only thing that stops it.

But is she really cursed?

Find it online at: Amazon || Goodreads

Explore the rest of the series: Amazon || Goodreads





The Author

Kendra E. Ardnek is the self-proclaimed Arista of Fairy Tales. She lives in the Piney Woods of East Texas with her dragon babies and massive herd of mini-giraffes, and she is still waiting for one of of her fifty nutcrackers to come to life and marry her. When not writing, you can usually find her sitting in a random box, and she’s frequently known to act before she thinks.

Find her online at:  Website || Blog || Goodreads || Facebook || Twitter || YouTube || Newsletter || Instagram || Amazon

Interview With the Daughter of Blood and Misfortune

1. Welcome, um, Daughter of Blood and Misfortune? That's quite an interesting name; can you tell us where it came from, and possibly a little about yourself as well?
It's not a name. I don't have a name. I was born in the place of a seventh son, and thus instead of a bringer of good luck, I am a vessel of misfortune. My country fell on the day of my birth. I ruin everything I touch. I have to keep to myself and protect the world from my bad luck.

2. Well. That's tragic. I'm sorry. How about the other characters in your story? Can you tell us a bit about what you think of them?
Some of the priests are nicer to me than they should be. The prince is far, far too nice to me.

3. I think I like this prince. What is one thing that you think most people don't know about you?
That I exist? I'm hidden away in a temple, where I can stay away from people and not cause trouble.

4. That's fair. If you could leave your tower and be instantly transported anywhere in the world (or any world, in fact) for a day, where would you go and what would you do there?
Oh, I'm in the safest place I can be already. I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to hurt people.

5. Ok . . . how about other times? If you could go back in time and tell your ten-year-old self one thing, would you do it, and what would you tell her?
I just want to hold myself - I'm bad luck already, so I can't hurt myself - and tell myself that it will all be okay, that no matter how miserable I am, it's for the good of others so they don't have my misfortune. It took me a long time to learn.

What do you think of the Daughter of Blood and Misfortune? Are you intrigued? Please tell me in the comments! And don't forget
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

Tour Stops for May 16

Kendra E. Ardnek – Top 10 Rapunzel Retellings. 

Interviews: 

Dreams and Dragons – The Daughter of Blood and Misfortune 
Rambling Rose – Kendra 

Reviews: 

Live. Love. Read – Diamond

View the full list of tour stops here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.