Saturday, August 27, 2011

This Week

Hello, everyone! It's time for an update on my life!
  • I've gotten quite a bit of work done on my story, and I plan to get more done very soon. I know exactly (to a degree) what's going to happen next, and I'm very excited to write it! I've also had a lot of ideas for other stories, including a family that makes up an entire town. I've also been thinking about why, in so many of my favorite books, the teenage heroes never seem to say "Geez, I'm just a teenager for heaven's sake! How am I supposed to save the world/defeat the bad guy/etc.?" I think that everyone can guess what kind of scene I'm plotting to put in a story sometime.
  • I recently got to read the Echoes From the Edge series by Bryan Davis. When I read it, I was amazed. Not only did it meet my hopes, it surpassed them. In my opinion, the series is beyond epic, and is definitely the best of Davis's books. 
  • In addition to recently getting to read new Bryan Davis books, I got to actually meet Bryan Davis today! He was doing a book signing event fairly close to where I live, and I got to go with two of my friends, and I got three books signed! Needless to say, I was very excited, and still am.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.