Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo Week One (and two days)

Wordcount: 10,574 words
Most words in one day: 1,884 (April 4th)
Fewest words in one day: 378 (April 6th)

Hullo, all! As you can probably see from the stats above, Camp NaNoWriMo got off to a pretty good start for me. I had no trouble getting in my daily goals and more for the first five or so days. In fact, I was thinking that Camp NaNoWriMo this month would be the exact opposite of last April's Camp: no problem whatsover. Then on Sunday I was busy most of the day . . . and I got sick. Bleh.

Admittedly, I do often get sick during NaNo events, but usually it happens a little later in the month. I'm just glad that I seem to be getting over it quickly. Also, last night I had an Idea of how to make my plot more exciting and I'm very happy about it. It does potentially delay a few subplots, but that won't hurt the novel, and the more I think about my idea, the more I like it. My characters, on the other hand, are guaranteed to dislike it (except for Nightshade and some of her allies, who will be quite happy about it). But such is life. 

Also, for the record, I meant to post this update on Monday, but . . . I was sick and had other stuff that needed doing. So, it didn't happen.

How's Camp NaNoWriMo (or April in general) going for you? Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.