Friday, April 18, 2014

Random Fridays: Recipes

http://bookworm716.blogspot.com
Hey'a, all! Yeah, I haven't been doing anything very regularly like I hoped to. Which is too bad, since I really wanted to do Random Fridays last week and Top Ten Tuesdays this week. (On a side note, would you be interested in reading posts with Random Friday/Top Ten Tuesday themes I miss, even if they're not posted on the days they should be? If that makes sense? Thanks!)

This week's Random Friday theme is recipes I want to try. I'll admit, cooking isn't my favorite activity. However, due to parental decrees, I have been doing more cooking over the last few months, so there are some recipes I'd like to try (eventually- some of them are beyond my skill level at the moment). Most of the recipes are foods my mom has made and I like.

1. Just about anything from the Redwall cookbook. I discovered this last Friday, and I haven't looked through it extensively, but what I've seen sounds good. I think it would be fun to try making some of my favorite Redwall foods. The only problem is that a lot of the most interesting ones seem to call for ingredients we don't usually have on hand.

2. Fried rice. If you ask me, this is one of the best ways to eat rice. It's good as a side, of course, but if you add meat, it's a tasty main dish as well. I like it best with pork.

Ladylocks, without powdered sugar
3. Ladylocks. Have you ever had ladylocks? They're pastry tubes with vanilla or chocolate filling inside and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. My mom doesn't make them often; we only get them at Christmas, and only if my grandpa visits. I'd like to learn to make them myself someday (though not until I'm more experienced).

4. Orange chicken. This is another of my favorite foods that I don't know how to make (yet). My mom has made two varieties: one in the crockpot and one in the skillet. I prefer the skillet variety,  though the crockpot version is probably easier.

5. Peanut butter bars. My mom has made these several times, and as far as I know, almost everyone who's tried them loves them. I know I certainly do! They're a little like peanut butter cups in bar cookie form, but I think they might be yummier.
Peanut butter bars.

6. Baked Oatmeal. If you haven't tried this, you need to. It's vastly different from normal oatmeal that you make in a pot. My favorite version, peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal, tastes a bit like a peanut butter cookie, especially if you pour some milk on it when you eat it.

7. Lembas. I don't think they'd be at all the same as Middle Earth lembas. However, it's the closest I can come, so I'd like to try it anyway.  

What recipes would you like to try making? Please tell me in the comments, or make your own Random Fridays post!
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)     

Want to join in the Random Fridays fun? Feel free to make a post of your own on the week's topic! Please just be sure to use the Random Fridays banner, link back to Awkwordly Emma, and post the link to your post on the Awkwordly Emma blog so other participants can check out your post. For a list of future Random Friday topics, click here.  

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, good luck making all of those! I'm not a big fan of cooking, but I love to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd actually rather bake than cook, in some respects, but I have to do more cooking than baking.

      Delete
  2. Fried rice happens to be one of my favourite, if not my favourite, food. And I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. What do you put in yours, out of curiosity?

      Delete
    2. Onion, oil, curry powder, rice, water. That's it.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.