Monday, November 9, 2015

NaNoWriMo Day 9



Wordcount: 26432
Words Written Today: 1305
Words I Still Need to Write Today: 362 (or one side-quest's worth, whichever)
Writing Music Obsession: Brunuhville's "Dreams"

I'm past 25K!

Yes, I'm still doing the wordcount crawl. Today and yesterday were easy days- thankfully, because Saturday? Long and torturous. But, hey, I got over 4,000 words that day, so it's ok. And I also had an enforced semi-break on Saturday while my family watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder version, not the Johnny Depp one) and I pretended to write but mostly just watched the movie too. I've had the Oompa-Loompa songs stuck in my head on and off the last two days as a result, but it was fun. We used to watch that movie all the time, but then we stopped- mostly because we got tired of it, I think.

The one issue I've found with the wordcount crawl is that it keeps me semi-tethered to my laptop. I can check the goals ahead of time and work on them elsewhere, yes- and I have done that. But most of my writing sessions have been spent with my laptop beside me so I can check wordcount goals and use YouTube for music and roll dice online and do all that sort of thing. And that's not bad . . . but it's also very conductive to procrastination on the internet, particularly when I'm tired. I should probably start just writing down or printing out the challenges and using a dice-rolling-app on my phone, but . . . eh. I don't know.

I'm also hoping (well fantasizing) that I might be able to do a crazy amount of writing this NaNo, instead of stopping at 50K like I usually would. I confess; that's partially because I'm enjoying my current wordcount crawl and I want to make it through to the end, no matter how hard that may be. But it's also because I like getting things done- and it would be awesome to draft Binding Destiny in one long streak. And then to finish Monster in the Castle by the end of the month as well (because Binding Destiny won't be that long, I don't think, and I'll need something else to write). And then I'd have all December to relax- well, as much as one can relax around Christmastime. I don't know if this'll actually happen, but it would be nice if it did.

How's your November going?
Thanks for reading!
 -Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)

3 comments:

  1. I'm at 23.75k, realizing my outline is not nearly so complete as I had imagined, and sort of hurting... But I persevere! Blergh. : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, I lied! I just picked up the narrative thread and have decided to procrastinate to tell you about it. ; D

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you were able to pick up the plot again. :D Here's hoping you don't loose your grip again too!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.