Monday, December 19, 2022

Broken Mirrors Release Party: Interview with Ginny [Snowfield Palace]

Hello, everyone! It's less than a week until Christmas — but if you're excited for new fairy tale retellings, you may feel like Christmas has already arrived! That's right, it's Broken Mirrors release week, and right up until Christmas Eve, we're celebrating several new Snow Queen retellings! Our first, of course, is the latest in Kendra E. Ardnek's Austen Fairy Tale series, Snowfield Palace, which blends The Snow Queen with Mansfield Park. You can find my review of the book (which is quite good) over on Light and Shadows, or you can stay here and keep reading for a special interview with Ginny, the lead character of Snowfield Palace. And, of course, make sure you check out the release main page for all the stops and a special giveaway!

About . . .

Snowfield Palace

The Austen Fairy Tale #4

Ginny doesn't belong in Snowfield Palace, but she has nowhere else to go. An old promise between her mother and Lady Bethim keeps her off the streets when she's left alone in the world, and she's eternally grateful for the home - and the friendship of Kaimund, Lady Bethim's son. She makes herself useful however possible and life is quiet.

Until the far-too-charming Prince Hans and his sister Maia visit and send her world spinning. A shattered mirror is nothing to laugh about, and a new, dark magic could destroy everything.

Find it on: Amazon || Goodreads

Kendra E. Ardnek

Kendra E. Ardnek is the self-proclaimed Arista of Fairy Tales. She lives in the Piney Woods of East Texas with her dragon babies and massive herd of mini-giraffes, and she is still waiting for one of of her fifty nutcrackers to come to life and marry her. When not writing, you can usually find her sitting in a random box, and she's frequently known to act before she thinks.

Find her online at: Website || Blog || Goodreads || Facebook || Twitter || YouTube || Newsletter || Instagram || TikTok || Amazon 

Interview with Ginny

Welcome to the blog, Ginny! To start out, please share a little bit about yourself: who you are, what you do, anything you think we should know.

I - oh! I ... I'm not used to being the one people as questions. I'm not the interesting one. Just the homeless ward who keeps Lady Bethim company.

If you have a whole book written about you, I suspect you're more interesting than you think. Now, I understand that you were taken in by the family of your mother’s friend after your parents’ death. Tell us a little bit about this family. Is there anyone you’re especially close to? Anyone you particularly like or dislike?

The Bethims are a noble family, and yes, Lady Bethim and my mother were friends when they were girls. I'm eternally grateful for their charity. I ... I wouldn't be so bold as to say that I'm particularly close to anyone, though I am ... Well, Kaimund, he ... oh, but it isn't my place to think about him like that.

Hmm, I think we're all looking forward to meeting this Kaimund. Moving on, your world is home to some fascinating magic that’s beginning to become more widely accepted. What’s your view on the magic of your world? Do you find it frightening, or fascinating?

I find it ... strange. but mostly comforting. I don't know why.

Interesting. If you could safely travel anywhere in the world, either just to visit or to move there permanently, where would you choose to go?

Oh. Oh no. I ... I'm sure I'll have to leave Snowfield Palace someday, but I don't like thinking about that.

Fair enough. Leaving home can be intimidating! Let's get back to you. What’s one thing that you think most people don’t know or don’t understand about you?

That I exist?

Oof. Ok, last question: how do you hope people, either those in your own world or those who read your story, remember you?    

Do they have to remember me? That sounds frightening.

Not as frightening as you might think . . . in any case, thanks for answering my questions! And thank you to everyone reading.

Are you excited about the Broken Mirrors releases? Are you looking forward to meeting Ginny in the story itself? Please tell me in the comments!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.