Saturday, August 20, 2011


Hello, everyone! It’s time for an update on my life, since I finally have something to update about.

·        My writing has been going a bit better, though it still isn’t going as well as I’d like. This, unfortunately, is mostly because I’m too distracted to sit down and write. However, I know that it will go much better this week, the reason for which I will explain in the next paragraph.
·        I’m very excited about my reading options for this week. Not only did I get the new Gail Carson Levine book out from the library this week, one of my friends lent me Bryan Davis’s Echoes from the Edge trilogy, something I’ve wanted to read for a long time. I also got out the second book in a new series I’ve been reading, which is interesting, though nowhere near my favorites.
·        How do new books, which would logically be a distraction, help me write more? It’s very simple: instead of them being a distraction, I’ll make them a reward. I won’t allow myself to read any of the new books until I write a certain number of pages in my story.
·        Recently, I discovered the music group Superchic[k], and I’ve been listening to one of their cds, “Reinvention”, a lot this week. Why am I mentioning this? Well one song on this cd, “One and Lonely” startled me a bit when I first heard it, because when I heard it, I thought “Oh wow, this is my life!” How so? The song is about how, even though you know you don’t have to fit in or wear the latest styles and you want to just be you, it’s sometimes hard because you feel like you’re the odd one out, the “one and lonely”.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I love you just the way you are. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.