Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Treasure

We interrupt this blog to bring you a special poem, The Treasure, which was published in this year's Clubhouse Member's Mag. Please comment and let me know what you think of it!




The Treasure

Before me lies
A book,
With thin crisp pages,
And a purple leather cover.
Some call it a pack of lies,
Some call it a book of myths.
I call it a treasure.
Ancient as time,
Yet with messages as new as the day,
The words within speak through the ages.
The Truth,
The survival guide for life,
I call it a treasure.
Some people scoff at it,
In some places,
It’s illegal.
But nothing,
No persecution,
No laws,
No corruptness,
Nothing
Can stop the spread of truth.
I call it a treasure.
Sometimes it’s found in a paperback book,
Sometimes a hardcover volume.
Some have fancy ones,
Fine leather and gold-edged pages,
Like something left over from the days of King Arthur.
One of mine is in a cloth cover with handles,
The other is wrapped in elegant purple leather.
I call it a treasure.
A miracle,
A guidebook,
A wondrous tale,
From the lips of the Great King,
The tale of the Prince of Peace,
The word of God,
It is The Treasure.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog posts.
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.