Words Written Today: 2006
Words I Still Need to Write Today: 0.
Writing Music Obsession: Enya, particularly "Orinocco Flow".
I intended to do a NaNo update sooner than this, but oh well. Life's life. And, obviously, I've been doing a lot of writing. Brief overview of the month so far:
- Saturday, November 1: IT'S NANOWRIMO! I wrote all day, and by that I mean all day. (I did not, by the way, start at midnight. I don't function well past ten or maybe eleven.) I also realized that I never actually set up my novel on the NaNoWriMo site, despite doing more planning for it than I've done for any story since fifth or sixth grade. Oopsy.
- Sunday, November 2: This was a busy day, but I still got in a pretty solid wordcount. No youth group and being able to write during AWANA helped quite a bit.
- Monday, November 3: I took Monday off of physics and math (yay for being homeschooled!) so I'd have more time to write. My goal for the first three days of November was 8,000 words; I hit 9,000 and celebrated with a book. (Alcatraz Versus the Knight of Crystallia, if you were wondering. Hopefully it won't be the only book I read this month.)
- Tuesday, November 4: Yeeks! And I thought Sunday was busy . . . on top of normal schoolwork, I had German class, and my youth group did a service project. I enjoyed the service project more than I expected to, though, so not being able to write as much was worth it.
- Wednesday, November 5: First word war of the month! Thanks, fellow TPSers! I lost epically, but that's what happens when you're a paper-and-pen writer going against computer users, particularly when you're not quite sure what you want to do in the next few pages. Alnd as one of the writers there said, every word counts.
-Sarah (Leilani Sunblade)