Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Alternate Ending for Rosa


Hi, everyone! It’s time for another story part! And, since the results of my “Should I Post The Alternate Ending of Rosa?” poll were 6 for and 1 against, I’m posting the original ending of Rosa: A Snow-White Remake. (For the ending I used, click here.) And now, the previously unreleased, mostly unedited, original ending!

Chapter Nineteen
At that same moment, Queen Leila was deep in conversation with Cullen. “Cullen,” she asked, “Are there any who are a danger to me?”
            Cullen hissed “Aye, my queen, there are those who would have you brought down from the throne right outside your door.”
            Leila gasped. “Do you mean my guards? I thought-“
            Cullen hissed once more, cutting Leila off. “Nay, not they guards. There are others.”
            Leila started to ask “Then who?” but the question died on her lips as her door and a tall, kingly man strode in. “Leila, “ he declared, “Your time for evil is at an end.”
            Leila’s already pale face got even paler. “Who are you?” she asked, her voice high and shrill.
            “I am Lord Alanal, eldest in the elven clan of Allë.” he said.
            At this, an angry look came over Leila’s face. “Guards!” she shouted, but no guards came. Instead, a smaller man, dressed in black appeared in front of her, his hand on the hilt of a dagger. 
He said “I’m afraid your guards won’t be coming for some time. They apparently decide that it was time for their afternoon nap. I may have helped the process along, but they’ll wake up in a few hours I’m sure.”
“Who are you?” Leila asked.
“Panthal, warrior of the Allë clan.” he replied. Then, he caught sight of the mirror in her hand, with Cullen’s face still in it, and he gasped. “Cullemanden!” he whispered, and turned to the others, who had com e crowding through the door. “It is a Cullemanden! We may have been mistaken in some of our calculations!” He turned back to Leila. “Where did you get this?” he asked.
“A man gave it to me one day. He said it would help me.”  Leila began to sob. “The man in the mirror made me do it. I didn’t want to become queen!”
No one said anything for several minutes, they just stood there and tried to digest this new development. Then, Rosa slipped up to Leila and asked “Why’d you try to kill me?”
Leila looked at Rosa and explained. “Cullen said that I was the most beautiful, and he would tell me if anyone was more beautiful than I. He’d warn me of threats and do other things like that.”
Lady Clarellë looked sadly at Leila. “He was trying to get you and all other members of the royal family killed so that he could emerge from the mirror and become king. I’ve seen it happen many times.”
Leila’s face suddenly turned purple with rage. She looked at the mirror  and said, between clenched teeth, “I will serve your desires no more!” Then, she hurled it across the room with amazing force. It landed it the fire burning on the hearth across from Leila’s bed. It lay there for a moment, then it exploded with a boom and a large puff of smoke. Everyone instinctively dove for cover.
When the smoke cleared, everyone came out of their shelter. Now one said a word. Then, Leila laughed. “I’m free!” she exclaimed. Then, she turned to the others. “Tell me what I can do to make it up to you!”
Prince Owen, Mandy, and Rosa looked at each other. Then Mandy said “Make it right with those you hurt.”

Epilogue
Well, Leila did make it right. She apologized to everyone she could, let out those who she had unjustly imprisoned, and resigned as queen. She left for the village she had come from soon after, and had a happy life there.
Rosa and Prince Owen finally told each other how they felt, and they were married on the day when they had first seen each other. After their marriage, they became the rulers of the castle and were known for their kindness.
As for Mandy, she was offered a position of high prestige. She, however, refused. Instead, she chose to remain as cook, for she had discovered that she loved that job. She stayed in the kitchen for the rest of her days, and made the castle famous for its plum pies and was always ready with advice and sugar cookies for those who needed them. And, whenever Rosa felt that being queen was too much pressure, she’d go down to the kitchen to see Mandy. Owen would find her several hours later cuddling with Mandy and eating sugar cookies, and all the kitchen servants suspected that he was the only king who had to ask the cook for his wife back.
And what of the elves? Well, they returned to their home in the forest and lived there happily for ages upon ages. However, they remained honored guests at the castle, and Rosa, Owen, and Mandy were always welcome in their clearing. And so, I guess you could say that everyone lived happily ever after.

What do you think? Did you like the ending I actually used or the original ending better? Please comment and tell me! I’d love to know.
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I like the other ending the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did I, but I thought people might like to compare them. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.