Friday, April 1, 2011

Books, Music, Tales, and a Few More Books: My Week

Hi, everyone! Friday’s here again, so it’s time for me to give an update on what’s going on with me! So, without further ado, my week in short.

·        I finished Morgoth’s Ring on Sunday or Monday, which I can’t quite remember. As it turns out, there’s a lot more than I thought that you can’t find in any other books, to my knowledge. Tolkien, apparently, had two ideas for The Silimarillion, and the unused one is found in Morgoth’s Ring. It's actually rather interesting, believe it or not, as is the (slightly confusing) piece on where Orcs came from.
·        I am beginning to wonder if someone in the music group BarlowGirl has read The Door Within. One of their songs, which happens to be one of my favorites, is called “Never Alone”, which has a large connection with this series. Of course, it could be nothing, like my “someone in the Newsboys likes The Lord of the Rings” theory.
·        My story is going fairly well. It’s got so many mysteries that even I’m not entirely sure of everything that’s going on, my one of my character’s dreams just got even stranger, and another character has spied on my creepy guys in black, finding out their plans . . . though she has no idea what in the world they’re talking about. I plan to have a lot of attacking going on soon, as well as a nice-sized chase scene or two and a bit of answering questions. As you can hopefully see, I’m having a lot of fun writing this.
·        I plan to either reread The Swiss Family Robinson or read the full version of Pilgrim’s Progress this month. Why? Well, for the past three or so months, I’ve been setting monthly reading challenges for myself, the purpose of which is so that I’ll have extra encouragement to read some of the longer, more difficult-to-get-through books in a slightly more reasonable amount of time. If I didn’t do this, I’d probably still read the books, but reading them would take a few months, like reading The Book of Lost Tales did, instead of one month. The Book of Lost Tales, by the way, is basically the very beginnings of The Silimarillion, and it took me most of the summer to read it. I do not plan to repeat this incident, since the reason for the lengthy time was not that it was a long book (The Silimarillion is far longer, and I finished it in a month), but simply that I was putting off reading it.
·        As many of you can probably guess, Rosa: A Snow-White Remake is almost over. For this reason, I will have two surveys up very soon. One will be “What Story Should I Post Next?” The other is a little more complicated. You see, Rosa actually has two endings, one that I actually used and one that I ended up “discarding”. However, I do still have both versions. So, if you want, I could post the original ending so you can see which you like better. Please vote in both of these surveys; I really do want your opinions.

Well, that’s about it. Please comment and vote! I’d love to hear what you think!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.