Saturday, February 25, 2012

Photography and a New Novel


Hello, everyone! I’m back with an update on what I’ve been doing lately!

·        I have started my photo assignments, and so far, it’s been going fairly well. My first week’s assignment was “Americana”, for which Daddy and I went to DC to take pictures. First we photographed the Jefferson Memorial across the Tidal Basin as the sun rose. Then we moved on to the FDR Memorial and the WWII Memorial. This week my assignment was to take pictures using the Lensbaby, a special lens that is often used for artistic effects. In doing this, I finally learned how to use it! I’ll be posting some of the pictures that I took with it on Monday.
·        I finished my story! I’m very happy about this, since I’ve been working on it since before Christmas. I finished it on Friday, February 24. It was just in time, since I was beginning to get quite tired of writing it!
·        Now, of course, I have to figure out what to write next. And, since I have four different ideas, I’m going to ask you for your opinions like I did for my NaNoWriMo novel back in October. The poll will be up for a week, and I’d appreciate it if you’d vote sometime during that time. These are my ideas:
o                   Story One: (Sequel to Gone [Camp NaNoWriMo2011 novel]) Audrey may be safe, but Kelia’s work is definitely not over. Trapped in an unfamiliar world and on the run from Lord Faldrin, she knows she needs help, but isn’t sure how to get it. An unexpected capture alerts her to the presence of possible allies, but will she be able to gain their trust? As her adventure goes on, she finds herself in situations she never would’ve dreamed of, and discovers things about herself and her family that will turn her perspective upside down. Pros: This would be a shorter novel, so I’d definitely be finished in time for Camp NaNoWriMo this year, and I’d get to write a startling revelation scene. Also, since I ended Gone on a cliffhanger, I probably should continue it. Cons: I’m not as excited about this story as I could be at the moment, and there are one or two spots where I’m not quite sure what’ll happen. Also, I was considering saving it for this year’s Camp NaNoWriMo in case I chose to do a shorter challenge.
o                   Story Two: (Sequel Idea #1 for my NaNoWriMo 2011 novel) Nightshade is back! Several months have peacefully passed since Rachelle was reunited with her family, but the appearance of their old enemy effectively disrupts their happiness. Dustin and Hunter set out to keep an eye on Nightshade and attempt to stop her. Meanwhile, Rachelle journeys south in search of an old friend whose help they badly need. At the same time, Dea Alyron has set out to make her way in the world, but when she meets first with Aleta Nernathon the bardess and then with Rachelle, she finds herself in an adventure she never would’ve dreamed of. Pros: I’m excited about this story, I want to return to the world of dragons and dragon Riders, and I also want to write about these characters. Cons: There are some spots where I’m not sure what to do, and it would have to be another novel about the same length as my NaNoWriMo novel.
o                   Story Three: (Sequel Idea #2 for my NaNoWriMo 2011 novel) Gwen and the Firhirt siblings have traveled south to search for Gwen’s brother, Jake. However, Jake seems to have disappeared without a trace. While searching, they meet up with another of Gwen’s siblings, Emma, who’s been trying to avoid her entire family, including Gwen! They soon become a bit suspicious of Emma, who seems to be hiding something. Then, when Emma learns of a plot to kill (someone, haven’t decided who), she is faced with a choice: say nothing and stay out of trouble or tell Gwen and the Firhirts and become entangled in the same danger she’s been trying to avoid for years. Pros: Same as Story Two. Cons: Same as Story Two.
o                   Story Four: (No story) I could also, instead of starting a new novel, work on writing short stories as I get ideas for them and do some worldbuilding for Berstru. Pros: This might be more relaxing for me than the other ideas, and it would give me freedom to, if I really, really wanted to, start one of the novels I mentioned earlier. Also, I’ve had ideas for a few short stories that I haven’t wanted to start because I’ve been working on something else, and worldbuilding is always helpful. Cons: I’m not sure how long I’d actually be able to go without starting a new novel, so I might end up getting tired of this after a week or so, and I’m not entirely sure I wouldn’t go crazy without a novel to work on.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks a bunch for reading this very long post. Please don’t forget to vote in my poll!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.