Sunday, July 31, 2011

This Week . . .


Hello, everyone! Sorry for not posting this yesterday, but I got a bit distracted, again. Here’s an update on my life.

·        On Monday, I had to go back to the dentist’s to get braces, which I wasn’t very happy about. As it turned out, I discovered I had more to worry about from what my mouth felt after the appointment than during the appointment. The braces being put on was ok until the wire was attached, but after it was over, my mouth hurt a lot. Thankfully, the pain has died down and the only real discomfort comes when I pinch my tongue on a bracket or something. The main problem is the fact that I either can’t eat or have a hard time eating some foods, namely pizza and all cereals I’ve tried eating.
·        On Tuesday, the morning after I got my braces, something much more cheering happened: I finished my 50,000 word novel and gave it a title! The title is Gone, and I’m currently working on typing the tale into the computer. With this novel finished, I’m taking a break from more intensive writing until November, when I’m planning to do another 50,000 words in a month challenge.
·        Of course, I can never be without something to write, so I’ve started a new novel. This tale takes place in the future, and currently features a girl named Anya as the main character. Anya is the youngest in a family of people who have something similar to superpowers, though I wouldn’t exactly call her family superheroes. She, however, doesn’t have powers of her own. She’s also one of the few Christians left in a world that discourages Christianity, though it isn’t outlawed . . . yet. I think you can guess where this story is going fairly well, since it’s a “David and the Lion’s Den” type story.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.