Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Sacrifice Part Five

Hi, everyone! Sorry for posting so late again! I hope that once school is over, this will be fixed and I’ll start posting earlier. Anyway, I’m here, with the next part of The Sacrifice!

Part Five
Abbie watched as her mother bustled about the small room, pulling things from the shelves and putting them in a basket. “What are you doing, Mama?” she asked.
            Abbie’s mother, Bethany, turned to her daughter. “I’m getting ready to go somewhere, Abbie.”
            Matthias appeared in the doorway. “Dear, you can’t be serious about this. You know what the Elders will do it they find out.”
            Bethany shook her head. “Matthias, you worry too much. He’s a friend of the family. It’s not against the law. Goodness knows that He’s been hanging there long enough. Besides, they won’t dare bother me. I’m friends with most of their wives.”
            Matthias sighed. “Bethany, dear, you know the laws as well as I do. According to the Elders, He is a criminal, and anyone who takes His body down will be treated as an accomplice, no matter who the person’s friends are.”
            Abbie broke into the conversation. “Mama, where are you going?”
            Bethany resumed her work as she answered her daughter. “I’m going to get the Prince of Peace’s body, or what’s left of it after several days in the open, and see to it that His body is taken care of properly.” She turned to Matthias. “Don’t you dare try to stop me, Matthias. The Prince of Peace was the truest friend any of us had. It’s the least I we could do to give Him a proper burial instead of letting His body hang there for the crows.”
            Matthias sighed. “Very well, dear, but be careful.”
            Bethany smiled. “Of course, Matthias. When am I not careful?”
            “May I come, Mama?” Abbie asked.
            Bethany shook her head. “Not this time, Abbie.” She sighed. “Not this time.”
            Abbie frowned, but she didn’t protest. It won’t do any good anyway. She glumly left the room, leaving her parents to prepare for Bethany’s task.

What will happen next? Will Bethany complete her task without getting in trouble with the Elders? To find out, check back soon for Part Six! In the meantime, please comment! I’d love to hear what you think!
-Sarah
Update: Part Six!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.