Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Sacrifice Part Eight


Hello, all! I’m back once again, with the next part of The Sacrifice! Unfortunately, because of a miscalculation on my part, it will not be finished today, but next Tuesday. I hope you enjoy part eight!

Part Eight
Bethany was telling Matthias of the encounter on the hill when Abbie burst in, exclaiming “He came back! The Prince is back! He isn’t dead!”
            Bethany sighed. “Abbie, what do you mean?”
            “I saw Him!” Abbie exclaimed. “I did! He told me to tell you that He’ll come see all of us soon!”
            Bethany gasped, remembering the strange words of the man on the hill. He will return . . . can it be?
            Matthias, however, shook his head. “It can’t be. How could the Prince of Peace have come back? I saw him hung.”
            Abbie insisted “I saw Him! I really did.”
            “I believe you, Abbie.” Bethany said. “Someone told me that He wasn’t gone, and you wouldn’t lie about something like this.”
            Matthias shook his head. “She saw someone who looked like Him, that’s all. Don’t encourage her, Bethany.”
            Bethany frowned. “Matthias, if He could bring others back from the dead, why couldn’t He come back Himself? Why couldn’t the Great King bring Him back?”
            Matthias crossed his arms. “Believe what you will, but I won’t believe it until I see Him for myself, and that is my final word on the subject.”
            Bethany sighed. If only you weren’t so stubborn, husband of mine.  

Is Matthias right? Bethany? Has the Prince of Peace really come back, or is this just a trick? There’s only one way to find out: check back soon for the conclusion of The Sacrifice! In the meantime, please comment! I’d love to hear what you think!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.