Friday, May 6, 2011

Tests and Tales


Hello, everyone! It’s finally Friday, and that means it’s time for an update on my life!

·        Last Friday, I went to a sleepover at my friend’s house. This sleepover, which lasted until the next evening, was very fun. Favorite things included watching three awesome movies: Night at the Museum Two: Battle of the Smithsonian, Pendragon, and The Princess Bride (the last two are two new favorites), and going to the park to play tennis with one of my friends and her parents. (The other friend was there as well, but didn’t play.) My only regret? That it didn’t last longer.
·        Tests, tests, tests! That’s what I’ve been having a lot of in my schoolwork: practice for the Standardized Tests, which I’m taking next week (an advantage of being homeschooled), my last two math tests (hurrah!), a writing/grammar test, and a literature test or two. The good thing about all these tests? When a lot of tests come your way at once, you know that school is almost over.
·        My stories are going ok. I managed to get some work done, including a character building scene between one of my main characters and another character, in which I reveal a fact about the main character in question which is essential to the story. I have also gotten a sudden idea for a (hopefully) short story, which I may attempt to write as well, if my current story continues to go well.
·        I have finally gotten plenty of new books to read! I finished Black on Sunday or Monday, and will be posting a review of it soon. I also got The Thirteen Clocks by James Thurber out from the library yesterday, a book I have been looking forward to for some time. In fact, I read it as soon as we returned home, and I very much enjoyed it. I will be posting a review on this book as well.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.