Friday, March 4, 2011

Castaways, Colds, and Chronicles: My Week

Hi, everyone! Friday has come around once again, and that means it’s time for me to give you an update on my life in general. So, here’s my week:

·        I finally finished Alitene Chronicles #3! At the moment, it’s tentatively titled “Ovulum”, but the title is likely to change. I’m very glad to have that done, as I’ve been working on it on-and-off for quite a while.
·        Of course, I can’t be without a story to work on for very long. So, I began an entirely new story from an idea that I’ve been playing with for a while. The basic plot is something along these lines: Three girls who are very different must come together to fulfill a prophecy. (Or something along those lines.) Although it will be set on Earth for the most part, it will be fantasy, and so it will involve dragons, elves, humans with strange powers, and probably more.
·        I currently have a very small cold, otherwise known as a nose that’s running just enough to annoy me. I am hoping that it goes away soon since runny noses are not the best thing to have while attempting to write, read, or do much of anything.
·        The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series by Brian Jacques is very, very good. The Wilderking Trilogy is also excellent. These are the newest books that I’ve been reading, and I shall eventually post reviews on at least one of the series, if not both.
·        It’s getting warm again! It’s supposed to be in the fifties today, tomorrow, and much of next week. I only hope that it stays warm and doesn’t rain too much.

Well, that’s my week! Please comment! I’d love to hear what you think!
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. the idea for the new story sounds very interesting . . . 3 girls who are very different who have to come together to fulfill a prophecy. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had a major brainstorm on it last night and did quite a bit of character building for one character. I'm hoping to finish it fairly quickly.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.