Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Week . . .


Hi, everyone! Sorry about posting this late, but we were rather busy last night. So, here’s the summary of my week.

·        I have gotten some work done on my unnamed story. It seems to be going well, and I’m almost to the really good part. I’ve also gotten all three of my main characters wondering what on Earth is going on! Yes, I love doing that. It’s incredibly fun.
·        I have also started the Easter story that I was thinking of starting last Friday. Although it’s barely two or three written pages long, it already has a name: The Sacrifice. The story will have two parts: one that describes the crucifixion and one that covers the events surrounding the empty tomb. Part One will focus on a nine-year-old girl and her father, a follower of the Prince of Peace (my name in the story for Jesus), both of whom witness the events. Part Two will focus on the same girl and her mother. I am hoping to finish this story quickly, and I suspect that I will succeed.
·        I have been attempting to read Morgoth’s Ring, a book by J.R.R. Tolkien that consists of a few of the early drafts of the first part of The Silimarillion. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be going very well, partially because the book is rather boring for one of Tolkien’s tales and partially because I’ve already read The Silimarillion, so I know that the characters aren’t going to stop doing things that make you want to scream “Don’t do that! Stop acting like an idiot!” for a while. Naturally, one doesn’t really want to read about people making incredibly foolish decisions. So, I have made next to no progress on finishing this book.
·        It’s finally gotten warm! Friday and Saturday were both in the seventies, and it’s supposed to be in the sixties today!

Well, that’s about all! Thanks for stopping by!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! But remember: it pays to be polite to dragons.